Barefoot Birth has provided exceptional doula support to the Tampa area for nearly ten years. We believe in the power of doula support and encourage all families to look into doula care for your pregnancy and birth.
A doula is a trained professional that provides emotional, physical and informational support before, during, and after the birth of your baby. Having a doula can be a great asset to your birth team. A doula can provide helpful resources and information on questions you or your partner may have and arm you with information on all sorts of labor, birth, and parenting topics.
Our birth doula services include:
* 2 prenatal visits to get to know each other and to assess your needs and desires for birth, define and understand our expectations of one another, and provide you with useful tools for labor and birth.
* Unlimited phone and email contact throughout the course of your pregnancy to help you form questions for your health care provider, calm anxieties, and suggest ways to keep comfortable, especially in those last few weeks!
* Continuous labor support. Once you are in labor and feel you need support, the birth doula will meet you at your home, birthing center or hospital (depending on where you will be birthing) and provide physical, emotional, and informational support to you and your partner during labor. She will help with comfort measures for pain relief such as guided breathing, distraction methods, massage, and different laboring positions. She will also provide reassurance and assistance to partners while making sure they are engaged in the process. Doulas do not replace partners; instead, doulas help them help you. Doulas are also able be the main support person for the laboring mother if needed. *If birthing at home or birth center and a transfer is necessary your doula will continue support at the hospital.
* 1-2 hours support after labor to make sure you are settled and comfortable. A doula can help you initiate breastfeeding and answer any questions that may arise after the birth of your baby. She also has a trusted list of specialists for referrals if an issue arises that she is unable to assist.
* 1-2 postpartum check-in visits. Based on your comfort and need, your doula will schedule a postpartum visit or two to check in with you, how you are feeling postpartum, how bonding with baby is going, and discuss the birth.
Your investment for these services is $800. We understand every family's budget can differ and flexible payment options are available. Cash, check, or debit/credit card are accepted for payment. You can reach Barefoot Birth to arrange doula services by phone at 813.515.0825 or email. We arrange a free meet and greet to see if we're a good fit.
We are fortunate to have an amazing community of doulas and while we hope you choose us to be there for you at your birth, we also know that there is a doula out there for everyone! We always suggest meeting with a handful of doulas to pin point the special one for you. We are always happy to refer you to one of our colleagues that may be a better fit!
A little about our birth doula Brandi Morales
Brandi has always been a strong believer in a woman’s power and ability to give birth. When her sister experienced a traumatic birth in 2013 she took that belief a step further and started her path into birth work as a doula. Brandi provides emotional, physical, and educational support for births in and out of the hospital setting and has a special place in her heart for VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean). Brandi has had the honor to support mothers in their most vulnerable and powerful moments and truly believes that our bodies are not broken! She believes that a positive experience in birth can help ignite a mother's inner strength and confidence that will overflow into motherhood. Brandi regularly attends La Leche League meetings and is working towards becoming a CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor). In addition to doula services Brandi also offers Bengkung belly binding and placenta services which are offered at a discounted rate for clients already utilizing our other services.
You can read many reviews of Brandi and the support she has given other families here.